The development is being brought forward by Castleforge (the owners of 1 Golden Lane),
with the support of:
• Hawkins\Brown – Architect & Principal Designer
• London Structures Lab – Structural Engineer
• Lehding Services Design – Services Engineer (Delivery)
• Arup – Services Engineer (Strategy) & Sustainability Consultant
• Andy Sturgeon Design – Landscape Architect
• Trigon – Fire Consultant
• The Townscape Consultancy – Heritage Consultant
• Velocity – Transport Consultant
• Sandy Brown – Acoustic Consultant
• Point 2 – Daylight & Sunlight/ Rights of Light Consultant
• Gardiner & Theobald – Project Manager
• Gardiner & Theobald – Cost Consultant
• DP9 – Planning Consultant
• Concilio – Communications and Consultation
• Ecology Partnership – Ecologist
• Rising Dragon Feng Shui – Feng Shui Consultant
• D2E – Lift Consultant
At 160 Aldersgate, wepursued a full refurbishment which provided high-quality office space leading to the successful letting of the building with improved sustainability measures.
In terms of the height, the 8th floor and plant (top two floors) were removed and an additional three stories were constructed. This resulted in one additional floor and due to consideration of daylight/sunlight impacts the increase was only 1.2m as we were able to compress other floor heights.
Once the public consultation has been completed, we will look to see how we can incorporate any comments into the design. Following this we will then seek to submit a planning application to the City of London Corporation in early 2022.
During this process we will continue to liaise and update the community on our progress.
Yes, Castleforge is a long term investor in the City of London.
We aim to create lasting partnerships with the communities in which we operate and have a vested interest to see the area succeed. Should we receive approval we have every attention to proceed with the refurbishment of the building.